gemeinsam zwiften | youtube | forum heute
Bestzeit!
Triathlon Coaching
Individueller Trainingsplan vom persönlichen Coach
Wissenschaftliches Training
Doppeltes Radtraining: Straße und Rolle mit separaten Programmen
Persönlich: Regelmäßige Skype-Termine
Mehr erfahren: Jetzt unverbindlichen Skype-Talk buchen!
Juergen Beneke - DAS Comeback des Jahres - triathlon-szene.de | Europas aktivstes Triathlon Forum
Zurück   triathlon-szene.de | Europas aktivstes Triathlon Forum > Allgemein > Triathletisches > Radsport
Registrieren Benutzerliste Suchen Heutige Beiträge

Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Alt 16.10.2008, 16:06   #1
dude
Bunte-Tussi des Triathlon

Benutzerbild von dude

Juergen Beneke - DAS Comeback des Jahres

Die Oberdrecksau des Radsports ist zurueck.

http://si6.mtb-news.de/fotos/data/500/home_bene.jpg

I've raced bikes since I was twelve years old. Starting with road and Cyclocross where I was a member of the German national team. In 1992 I discovered the mountain bike & a year later I won the first ever Downhill World Cup. It was a great time, I had sponsors that paid me enough so that I could quit my job as a toolmaker & in the next eight years won four World Cup races, finished 2nd in the World Cup in 94' & 97', won 3 German Championships, placed 2nd in the European championship 96', won a gold in the 98' winter X-Games and the Norba National Championship in 99'.
My first sponsor was Manitou, the bike didn't really work at all but it was super light so I could accelerate faster then most other racers. The second sponsor was Barracuda in 95' and it was a complete disaster. The bike was the biggest hunk of sh….ever... The third sponsor was Schwinn. Mert Lawwill was working with them and designed the straight six & straight eight which to this point were still my favorite bikes. In 97' I signed a contract with IMG, one of the biggest sports agencies in the US. They promised me out of industry sponsors and they would negotiate all my contracts for something like a 10% cut. They screwed up the deal with Schwinn and lost me my ride on a bike that I was able to win on. 1999 & 2000 on team Giant were the last two years of my professional racing career. The bike was pretty average. But I had a bigger problem with the strict rules of the team. I had no control over my schedule or what races to concentrate on. I had to do them all. My wife Stacy was not allowed to travel with me in Europe. Basically I had no fun and became very depressed, which also meant I didn't produce any results. That made me lose my ride and I was unable to get any kind of sponsorship the following year that would pay me enough to make a living. I sold all my DH bikes. That was the end.

I started working at my friends construction company for a while before I started my own remodeling business. Some of the local friends I had were really big into hare scramble races (motorcycles) so I got into it too. Joe Concra who I knew from playing ice hockey needed some help doing plasterwork on a friend's house. I am always interested in learning a new skill so agreed to pitch in. I loved it so much I started "Old World Plaster" one year later. With my desire to succeed and Joe's knowledge of plaster it is a good combination and we have done very well. In 2006 I got a phone call from the guy that owned the house were I first plastered, Tom. He is a very successful cameraman and he was shooting an Amex commercial and needed a mountain biker to jump of some rocks. He remembered Joe telling him about my former bike racing days and figured I was a good match for the job. (take that IMG) Only one problem, I didn't have a bike that would work for something like that. Thank god for Juli Furtado a racing legend herself who is working at Santa Cruz bicycles. I called her up and she sent me a bike to use the next day. When the bike arrived I took it on a little spin and was amazed on the changes in suspension in the last six year. It felt like my old schwinn but better and lighter. After the commercial was done I called Juli up again and told her "I have to get a downhill bike". The only problem was I had to pay for it. So thanks to the commercial I could afford to spend the money and Santa Cruz gave me a really good deal on it. I decided to go the World Cup in Canada without any training and finished 39th. Well I am thinking about a comeback but it will be under my terms. Never will I race for a team again, I am going to be my own team. I don't have sponsors; only friends that help me get to the races with the best equipment possible.
Alt 16.10.2008, 18:10   #2
averna
Szenekenner

Benutzerbild von averna

Zitat:
...I called Juli up again and told her "I have to get a downhill bike". The only problem was I had to pay for it...

Hier ein recht aktuelles Interview von Bernd Adamski, seines zeichens Importeur von Marin Bikes.

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=sBx--F-LDXw

Die haben schon damals, Anfang der 90er, viel zusammen gemacht. Damals war Adamski noch mit Delta Sports der Importeur für Marin, Manitou, White Industries, Ibis... *schwelg*
averna ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 16.10.2008, 20:44   #3
RibaldCorello
Szenekenner

who the fuck ist Beneke ?
Alt 16.10.2008, 21:20   #4
Diesellok
Szenekenner

Benutzerbild von Diesellok

Zitat:
Zitat von RibaldCorello Beitrag anzeigen
who the fuck ist Beneke ?
l o o k
Alt 16.10.2008, 21:31   #5
RibaldCorello
Szenekenner

Zitat:
Zitat von Diesellok Beitrag anzeigen
UI danke, ein wirklich interessanter Mensch !!!
Alt 16.10.2008, 21:36   #6
Diesellok
Szenekenner

Benutzerbild von Diesellok

Zitat:
Zitat von RibaldCorello Beitrag anzeigen
UI danke, ein wirklich interessanter Mensch !!!
findest Du
Alt 16.10.2008, 22:01   #7
axxel
Szenekenner

Benutzerbild von axxel

Beneke schockt. Ich hab gelesen das er nicht zur DM kommen konnte weil er arbeiten musste :-)
Alt 16.10.2008, 23:15   #8
sybenwurz
triathlon-szene.de Autor

Benutzerbild von sybenwurz

Freu...

Themen-Optionen